To serve Irish Businesses and Irish Business People active in Thailand and to provide support to Thai based businesses wishing to conduct business in Ireland. The Chamber members supporting three mains Focus Groups work with a mixture of both international and regional companies and have two primary responsibilities:
1. Provide a bridge head for Irish companies to enter not just Thailand but also South East Asia where appropriate.
2. Actively promote sector related Irish interests within the Thai business community.
Having matched core skills of members within The Chamber with key industry sectors in Ireland, Focus Groups have been created in following sectors:
The Irish Thai Chamber of Commerce Education Focus Group was formed to promote Irish education and training within Thailand, and to assist members of the chamber with education and training issues that may arise when doing business in the kingdom. We encourage Irish education and training institutions to engage with their Thai counterparts to form mutually beneficial co-operation, and we can link business operating in Thailand that have a specialised requirement to a partner in Ireland.
The committee is an advocate of education for all – we believe that education is fundamental to the success of the individual, the organization and the country.
We hold regular events related to education and assist organisation as required.
When we think about Irish culture, we often think about beer, potatoes, and football (as in soccer for Americans), but there's more to Irish culture than pub food and sports. The Irish boast a rich culture that dates back centuries. It would take hours to discuss the many facets of Irish culture, so today we're going to focus on the Irish's food bussiness.
• Identify and utilize the strengths of each partner
• Support the partnership’s limitations
The Energy Focus Group plans to build on the work of the previous Renewable Energy Focus Group established by Des Godson to look at the wider local Energy and Infrastructure sector. Aims of the group will be to
• Report on activities in the local Energy and Infrastructure sector
• Provide insight into trends and future plans in the sector
• Establish relationships with appropriate local bodies
• Organise regular networking events on topics of interest